Friday, April 5, 2013

"Stagger, Stagger, Crawl, Crawl"

I am relieved to report that there have been significant improvements in both nutrition and exercise as the Warrior Dash is within 60 days.  The bad news is that it's all come within this last week.

I'm just completely writing off the month of March as loss.  I don't know why, but I found myself in a dark funk out of which I just couldn't seem to crawl.  There were no issues of either a major or minor degree to which I can attribute this malaise.  That whiny little kid that lives inside my head took over, stomped his foot, kept yelling, "I DON'T WANNA" and won out over saner moments.

While I didn't track all my food intake last week, I did well enough to have lost 3.4 pounds on Tuesday's weigh-in.  I blew the dust off my mapmyrun.com app this past Monday and, so far this week, have logged 27.9 miles of walking/jogging in eight workouts of 7.5 hours.  Good thing, as my wife and I have been eating out more than usual this week due to work demands.

A chimichanga plate for lunch one day, a large smokey pepper jack turkey sandwich for dinner one night, and a cup of clam chowder, a blue cheese pecan chopped salad and a 6 ounce steak for dinner last night were not good choices.  You've been warned.

Still, I feel pretty good about the progress made.  I am dutifully tracking both calories and Weight Watcher's points for EVERYTHING I'm eating and drinking.  I'm doing MUCH better with getting out the door and doing cardio.

Now, if only I could find that elusive motivation for adding strength training....

No comments:

Post a Comment